The Stone House at Black Dog Salvage
The Stone House at Black Dog Salvage is a fully renovated, upscale guest house and special event venue built in 1911 and designed for modern day living. Original architectural details add warmth and character throughout the house. In addition to a unique getaway, The Stone House at Black Dog Salvage serves as the ultimate showroom for architectural salvage inspired design, as seen on the DIY Network series Salvage Dawgs. Located minutes from Historic Grandin Village and Downtown Roanoke, and adjacent to the Roanoke River Greenway. Guests have easy access to biking, outdoor recreation, shopping, and dining.
To book directly, please contact Christa Stephens at email@example.com, or call / text (540)-597-0933.
The Stone House is the perfect getaway for families and friends. It is conveniently located near Downtown Roanoke, with nearby outdoor recreation, restaurants, and breweries, as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway. Click here for more local recommendations.
Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge Events Calendar for upcoming events in the area. The Stone House is conveniently located near The Berglund Center, The Jefferson Center, Salem Civic Center, Downtown Roanoke, Historic Grandin Village, and in driving distance to The Harvester Performance Center, Floyd, Blacksburg, Lynchburg, Lexington, and Smith Mountain Lake.
When booking The Stone House for lodging, you are reserving the entire house for up to six guests. Lodging rates start at $400/night on weekdays and $600/night on weekends, plus taxes and cleaning fee. Booking is available through VRBO , Airbnb and directly through Black Dog Salvage.
Please inquire for event rental rates. Additional fees apply to lodging rates when entertaining additional guests at The Stone House.
Learn more about The Stone House in these articles:
• 3 Bedrooms with en-suite baths
– One master with king bed, private bathroom, Smart TV, soaking tub, walk-in shower, double vanity, and private water closet
– Two guest rooms with queen beds, private bathrooms, Smart TVs, walk-in showers
• First floor:
– Half bath, full cook’s kitchen, dining room, parlor room, media room
– Large front porch, back patio, and upper deck for entertaining
• Second floor:
– Balcony overlooking Vic Thomas Park and Roanoke River Greenway
– Custom coffee/cocktail bar with Keurig and refrigerator
– Hallway nook for reading, relaxing, or playing games
– Stacked washer/dryer in hall
• Additional amenities:
– Wi-fi, SONOS sound system, private driveway
From Our Guest Book:
“We had big plans to explore Roanoke today but couldn’t bear to leave the house!”
“We really enjoyed looking at every detail of the renovation and I hate to say we turned over the rugs and sheets to find labels and details. Every little detail we know was carefully thought out in your transformation of this house.”
“The days we spent here really felt like home.”
“The whole weekend here at Black Dog Salvage has been one of the best weekends our family has enjoyed.”
“We hope to return soon. The Grosso family would be proud of what all you have done.”