CALLING ALL PAINTERS!
Our “Maker of the Month” competition is getting a makeover for October!
Always wanted to try your hand at our Maker of the Month Contest, but feel better holding a paint brush than a hammer? You’re in luck! October’s Maker of the Month Contest will instead be “Painter of the Month”! This contest is a way for you to show off your furniture painting talents (and yes, the winner still gets a brand new pair of KEEN Utility boots!).
You can certainly use Black Dog Salvage Furniture Paint on your project!
[button link=”https://shop.blackdogsalvage.com/Paint-Finishing/Furniture-Paint” type=”big” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] SHOP PAINT NOW[/button]
Will you be our first Black Dog Salvage Painter of the Month?
The Painter of the Month submission contest is a new, exciting way for us to see what other people around the country are creating. We want to see how you are upcycling and giving new life to your furniture, cabinets, decor, etc. and making a one-of-a-kind piece of furniture or home accessory! Show off your distressing techniques, bold color combinations, stenciling, anything! You are only limited by your imagination.
We will accept entries beginning on the first day of October. Submissions are due by Friday, October 26. After the submission period is over, our paint pros will pick our five favorite builds and post them for a public vote. That’s when YOU, the people, pick who will be our PAINTER OF THE MONTH. The winner will have their piece and story published on our blog and shared on our social media channels.
- The piece must be painted over 75% of its exposed surface
- List all paints and products used
- The original piece does not have to come from Black Dog Salvage, but we’ve got plenty to choose from!
- Take several well-lit, clear before and after photos that highlight various aspects of the project (be sure to include a wide-shot of the final product). E-mail the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a story about the painter (you), the piece used (what it was like to work with, your inspiration, etc.), the paints (make and color) used, and the techniques used.
- Submission period is from the October 1st through Friday, October 26th. Any regular “Maker of the Month” submissions will be held for consideration in November’s contest.
- Worldwide submissions are welcome!
- Painter’s photos and story featured on Black Dog Salvage’s social media channels and website
- OCTOBER 2018 Maker of the Month receives a pair of KEEN Utility work boots – submissions are due Friday, October 26, 2018.
- Bragging rights
Watch Tay Describe the Painter of the Month Competition