UPDATE: We are currently on hiatus, and the November 2018 was our final Maker of the Month contest. We have loved supporting the Maker Community through this competition. The creativity out there is truly inspiring! We look forward to expanding on this concept into the next iteration and growing the competition even further in the future. In the meantime, keep doing what you’re doing!
Will you be our next Black Dog Salvage Maker of the Month?
The Maker of the Month submission contest is a new exciting way for us to see what other makers around the country are working on in their shops. We want to see you dreamers, creators, makers, and artisans take some reclaimed materials and create a one-of-a-kind piece of furniture or home accessory! You are only limited by your imagination. This is the time to go dumpster diving, barn crashing and yard sale-ing and gather some forgotten treasures for an alternative use.
We will accept entries beginning on the first day of each month. Submissions are due by the last Friday of that same month. After the submission period is over, we will pick our five favorite builds and post them for a public vote. That’s when YOU the people pick who will be our MAKER OF THE MONTH. The winner will have their build and story published on a “Maker of the Month” section of our website and shared on our social media channels.
- At least 75% of the build must be made from salvaged or reclaimed materials. These do not have to come from Black Dog Salvage, but we’ve got plenty to choose from! (Fasteners are excluded from this percentage unless they are a physically large part of the build.)
- Take several well-lit, clear photos that highlight various aspects of the project (be sure to include a wide-shot of the final product). E-mail the photos to email@example.com along with a story about the maker (you) and the reclaimed pieces used (where they came from, what it was like to work with them, how you came up with the idea in general, etc.)
- Submission period is from the 1st day of the month to the last Friday of the month.
- Worldwide submissions are welcome!
- Maker’s photos and story featured on Black Dog Salvage’s social media channels and website
- NOVEMBER 2018 Maker of the Month receives a pair of KEEN Utility work boots – submissions are due Friday, November 30, 2018.
- Bragging rights
The fine print:
Maker may submit one project per month and is eligible for one prize per year. You may resubmit a project if it was not selected as a finalist.
Click below to meet our Makers of the Month!
November 2018 – Kip Gomez
September 2018 – Steve Gironda
August 2018 – Paul Lovell, Sr.
July 2018 – Valerie Longshore
June 2018 – Scott VanDyke
May 2018 – Jim Bendel
April 2018 – Taylor Demirjian
March 2018 – Bill Kisner
February 2018 – Joe Ferguson
January 2018 – Joe Rosati
December 2017 – Joe Fenerty
November 2017 – Jared Jones
October 2017 – Robert Haines
September 2017 – Terry Bledsoe